Ensuring the Productivity and Quality of AuditsThe instructions and auditing models for energy auditing aim to make it effective, productive and corresponding to the needs of the clients (those funding the audit and those applying for the subsidy).
The purpose in all cases of the instructions is to guide the auditing work so that:
- resources are channelled to the most important installations and systems in terms of energy expenditure;
- all essential and economicalpotential for energy saving and CO2 emission reduction is pinpointed;
- feasibility is assessed; and
- the proposed measures are sufficient for starting detailed implementation and follow-up measures.
- auditor training;
- increasing the awareness of clients of the aims and ways of carrying out energy auditing;
- obtaining feedback from the client on the implementation of audits;
- examining finalized auditing reports; and
- intervening in any discovered quality problems.
This form is intended for use as a timely tool for the client’s auditing work, enabling the client the opportunity to follow and monitor the audit procedure. In this way it is possible to improve the productivity of the audits, reduce the demand for subsequent inspections and possibly produce background information and statistical data for future auditing clients for starting new auditing projects.
The Clients’ Quality Control Form has been created in an effort to be practically applicable to all types of energy audits, from power plant analyses to day-care audits. The experiences of clients and auditors are important, to further develop in future the quality assurance form, the overall productivity of the auditing and the assurance of quality.
(In Finnish only)